]>

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[C'EST MOI]
living paradox. individualist with anarchistic tendencies.
eludes eminence but appreciates subtle recognition.
capricious yet dependable. clandestine and unfathomable.
cynical realist who succumbs to the occasional idealism.

[J'AIME]
music. films. feasting & drinking. team sports.
good company; family, friends and those who share similar interests.

[CRITIQUES]


Find me on MySpace and be my friend!

[MES PHOTOS]
Latest Photos

Archived Photos III
Archived Photos II

Archived Photos I


[LINK 'EM UP]
Artsy Fartsy
Alliance Francaise
Blues in Singapore
Blues Downunder
Magnetic Attraction
The jungle out there
Save An Animal!!
The Hunger Site
Blog Surfing

[LES AMIS]
Le Deja Vu
Chris' Musings
Scribbly Fi
Grace's Journal
David's Raw Stuff
Jordie's Digital Whispers
Kenny-boy
Reality Bites
Nardev's Starting Point
SK's Search for Wisdom
TY's Cynical Sarcasm
Salamander Mokkie
Living Yongzhi's Life

[RECENT UPHEAVALS]


[REPOSITORY]
August 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007


Sunday, March 13, 2005

Music and Men

No, the topic is not about the things that turn me on. It's two separate issues. I actually typed an entry prior to this on Friday night but just as I clicked on "Publish Post", the page failed to load and the bold words "HTTP 500 INTERNAL ERROR" slapped me right in the face. My entire entry was lost and I did not want to retype the whole long essay about men (french men, to be precise) so I guess I'll talk about it now. Briefly.

So what's the deal about french men? That they're undying romantics? I doubt. To me, french men are men we simply love to hate.

I base my opinion not on my long-time interest, Michael Vartan, but rather, on 2 of my lecturers. I do beg to be pardoned for generalizing but, what are the odds that 2 french men are so alike in mannerism and character? It has to mean something, right?

This coterie of men are stoic, cocksure and swaggering with brashness. That's everything we hate to find in a man. Yet I find that they possess an inexplicable element of attraction. Is it the intrigue of their aloof nonchalance? Or maybe it's how their wry humour tickles the funny bone subconsciously?

The answer is beyond me. But one thing I'm sure of, is that their dressing is definitely NOT part of the implicit allure. Hello, socks with sandals and a shirt not properly buttoned? And I am not developing a schoolgirl crush.

But I must justify that my current french lecturer is one really good teacher. He's responsible and efficient. He's prompt in posting up notes, references and answers to tutorials even though these are not asked of him. He answers every question posted to him via email within the day but one must be careful of asking moronic questions or comments like "Use your common sense" (quoted from one of the mass emails he sent out regarding a question a student asked) will haunt you inverterately.

Music.

I attended the 80th birthday party of one of the greatest jazz legends, James Moody, on Friday night. To be precise, it was the opening performance for the Mosaic Music Festival which happened to be on Moody's 80th birthday. (But there was complimentary cake for every guest! yummy chocolate cake!) It was a splendid repertoire of jazz and bebop tunes and for an 80 year old, Moody sure has alot of energy and spirit! He even added a rap segment into one of the upbeat songs - it's the slowest rap I've ever heard but kudos for the effort! Immersing myself in good music the whole night just made me want to take up playing music again. I'm so inspired to get my own flute and start playing it again. Will go instrument scouting one of these days.

There's something I've gotta complain about that night though. The seats at the concert theatre are terrible. Well, not the seats, but the railings in front of the circles seats blocks the entire view of the stage if you lean back. Try leaning forward for 2++ hours and not sit comfortably in the plush seats. It's takes a hell lot of perserverance and back strength! They should at least have given us a 50% off the ticket prices. Our butts were on half of the chair the whole time.

There's a blues performance this Tuesday night and UBlues will be performing as well, sans Trevor (sigh...). Anyone keen?? I'm seriously lacking companions in this music adventure.

Meanwhile, I need to rest my ears from the loud rock music at Wala last night and get down to my exchange application (Europe, here I come!!!!). Lucky Brandon gets to go on a holiday. I also want...


[Time of Confession] 12:41 PM
0 Wisecracks for Me

_______________________________________________________________________________________

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home