]>

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[C'EST MOI]
living paradox. individualist with anarchistic tendencies.
eludes eminence but appreciates subtle recognition.
capricious yet dependable. clandestine and unfathomable.
cynical realist who succumbs to the occasional idealism.

[J'AIME]
music. films. feasting & drinking. team sports.
good company; family, friends and those who share similar interests.

[CRITIQUES]


Find me on MySpace and be my friend!

[MES PHOTOS]
Latest Photos

Archived Photos III
Archived Photos II

Archived Photos I


[LINK 'EM UP]
Artsy Fartsy
Alliance Francaise
Blues in Singapore
Blues Downunder
Magnetic Attraction
The jungle out there
Save An Animal!!
The Hunger Site
Blog Surfing

[LES AMIS]
Le Deja Vu
Chris' Musings
Scribbly Fi
Grace's Journal
David's Raw Stuff
Jordie's Digital Whispers
Kenny-boy
Reality Bites
Nardev's Starting Point
SK's Search for Wisdom
TY's Cynical Sarcasm
Salamander Mokkie
Living Yongzhi's Life

[RECENT UPHEAVALS]


[REPOSITORY]
August 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007


Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Total Relief

The curtains have drawn. The stage is clear and what's left is confetti and used banners strewn on the floors of the stadium. I turn off my television set and heave a huge sigh of relief. Taufik won the title of Singapore Idol! (meaning the calls i made weren't wasted! i'm not going to pay 5 bucks for nothing. phew!)

A tinge of sadness is present though.

There won't be much to be looking forward to on Thursdays anymore. No more excitement and bitching over who's going to be out next, who's outfit sucks, who on earth did Florence's hair and what the hell is Douglas O doing in this show (pardon me, but i really think that his presence is insignificant) etc etc. (sigh. my life is going to be so booorrrrriiinnnnnggggg)

Also, despite the fact that I am all for Taufik to win this competition (because 1. he IS a good singer 2. he is versatile 3. he has shown ALOT of improvement 4. he performs consistently well every week), I do feel a little sad that Sylvester didn't win.

I mean, he does have an amazing charm and allure that obviously, teenage girls simply cannot resist. Even I myself, cannot say that I have never been attracted to his cheeky grin. He exudes a very real feeling... he gives a very sincere vibe. However, there are times he overdoes it and that totally puts me off.

Not to worry though. He may not be Singapore Idol (thank goodness for that too. i cannot imagine him speaking to the world idol audiences in broken english), but I'm sure any record company that is out to make money will sign him on to release a chinese album. I have faith that he will make it big in the chinese music industry. And when he does, I will proudly say - Hey, that guy's from SINGAPORE!!

Till that happens, I will say this - people, watch out for Taufik, our very own SINGAPORE IDOL!

[Time of Confession] 11:50 PM
0 Wisecracks for Me

_______________________________________________________________________________________

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home