]>

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[C'EST MOI]
living paradox. individualist with anarchistic tendencies.
eludes eminence but appreciates subtle recognition.
capricious yet dependable. clandestine and unfathomable.
cynical realist who succumbs to the occasional idealism.

[J'AIME]
music. films. feasting & drinking. team sports.
good company; family, friends and those who share similar interests.

[CRITIQUES]


Find me on MySpace and be my friend!

[MES PHOTOS]
Latest Photos

Archived Photos III
Archived Photos II

Archived Photos I


[LINK 'EM UP]
Artsy Fartsy
Alliance Francaise
Blues in Singapore
Blues Downunder
Magnetic Attraction
The jungle out there
Save An Animal!!
The Hunger Site
Blog Surfing

[LES AMIS]
Le Deja Vu
Chris' Musings
Scribbly Fi
Grace's Journal
David's Raw Stuff
Jordie's Digital Whispers
Kenny-boy
Reality Bites
Nardev's Starting Point
SK's Search for Wisdom
TY's Cynical Sarcasm
Salamander Mokkie
Living Yongzhi's Life

[RECENT UPHEAVALS]


[REPOSITORY]
August 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007


Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Crying is good

Tonight, I did something I never quite thought I was capable of doing. I cried.

Don't be mistaken. I'm not a cold, emotionless creature. It's just that I've always been someone whom it'll take alot of make me cry. I once told a friend, if someone makes me cry, that person is either really good or really bad. I believed that it would take extremities to make me shed tears. Other than that, my tear glands are non-functional.

A personal problem has been bugging me for quite a while and just as I came to a decision, my mum gave me a piece of her own opinion and advice that sent my mind reeling. She made alot of sense, and yes, I did agree with what she thinks. However, I can't ignore the other factors that she felt weren't important.

On the other hand, my dad has his own opinion and I feel an immense pressure to choose the other decision. And since my parents aren't exactly on talking terms, it's up to me to gather their opinions as well as my own, and generate a conclusion.

Knowing that for sure not everyone will be pleased with the decision I make (there's bound to be someone who's not happy), I can't help but feel a heavy burden thrown on my shoulders to bear. Suddenly feeling helpless, small and burdened, a wave of emotion came over me and I cried.

Being able to cry doesn't make me feel like I've become weaker - in fact, I feel that it is a sign that I have matured.

In the past, when I was faced with troubles, I chose to ignore it, distract myself and make myself feel numb so I wouldn't feel the hurt and hence, didn't cry. But things have since changed.

Being able to cry means facing the problem, acknowledging that it hurts, it's difficult and that being humans, we can only do so much. Coming to terms with our weakness allows us to embrace the problem in a different light - we cannot live alone in this world. We cannot survive on our own. Be it God, friends, family, colleagues, sometime, somehow, we have to depend on external help. We cannot be fully independent. It's the way of the world. Even nature works that way, that's why we have the ecosystem.

Crying is good because it opens the lungs, washes the countenance, exercises the eyes and softens the temper. According to medical research, tears have a complex chemical composition and varies between those of anger and sadness. Hence it is also believed that crying is an effective way of eliminating stress-related substances built up in the body - which is why most people feel better after a good hard cry.

So if today you are feeling stressed and burdened, go ahead and let it out. Don't be afraid to cry. I'm not.



[Time of Confession] 1:00 AM
0 Wisecracks for Me

_______________________________________________________________________________________

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home