]>

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[C'EST MOI]
living paradox. individualist with anarchistic tendencies.
eludes eminence but appreciates subtle recognition.
capricious yet dependable. clandestine and unfathomable.
cynical realist who succumbs to the occasional idealism.

[J'AIME]
music. films. feasting & drinking. team sports.
good company; family, friends and those who share similar interests.

[CRITIQUES]


Find me on MySpace and be my friend!

[MES PHOTOS]
Latest Photos

Archived Photos III
Archived Photos II

Archived Photos I


[LINK 'EM UP]
Artsy Fartsy
Alliance Francaise
Blues in Singapore
Blues Downunder
Magnetic Attraction
The jungle out there
Save An Animal!!
The Hunger Site
Blog Surfing

[LES AMIS]
Le Deja Vu
Chris' Musings
Scribbly Fi
Grace's Journal
David's Raw Stuff
Jordie's Digital Whispers
Kenny-boy
Reality Bites
Nardev's Starting Point
SK's Search for Wisdom
TY's Cynical Sarcasm
Salamander Mokkie
Living Yongzhi's Life

[RECENT UPHEAVALS]


[REPOSITORY]
August 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007


Sunday, December 17, 2006

Humdrum humdrum

Life feels increasingly boring without work to do. And no, I'm not kidding. Yeah I can sleep all I want, watch all the shows I want, and probably do everything I want (anything that doesn't cost much $$ that is)... but I'm still not quite satisfied.

Maybe it's because a 'certain something' still owes me 'big time'.

Never mind.

Shall blog about happy times!

11th Dec, Monday
Met up with my buddies Grace and Bern to watch 'The Holiday' and we girls felt that it was surprisingly good. Well somehow after 'Love Actually', none of the other Christmas movies seemed to be able to match up with the same level of humour and romance (actually, more like none of them were able to knock us into the silly 'Where's my *insert leading actor's name*' dreamy state). So you can imagine how after watching the Holiday, the three of us were left secretly pining for Jude Law's sensitive character ('cept Bern of course, who was openly pining for him hee...).

Kate Winslet's performance was stellar. I love how she portrayed the woman who every friend thinks is pathetic because she can't help but keep crawling back to the man who betrayed her AND is about to marry a woman that is not her. Like Grace said, it's something very real - the girl who keeps falling back into that toxic relationship and can't climb out of it because she is constantly drowning in lack of self-worth and sweet lies from the ex/boyfriend. I was practically rejoicing in my seat at the point where she FINALLY realised that her ex was never going to leave his fiancee for her and decided she did not deserve to play second fiddle. Victory, I say! You go girl... but if only every other girl in the same situation can find the same release. Flush these stinking men out of your lives people!


The Pink Tree @ the Cathay













12th Dec, Tuesday
I'm a big sua ku cos' it was my FIRST time at VIVOcity!!

Fwah so BIG! *10 points!*
But so crowded *minus 10 points*

This must be my favourite shop of all. It felt like the entire shop was spinning around me when I entered!! Gimme more chocs and candy!

I tried the Kuching-must try Kolo Mee for the first time at Jia Xiang Kuching Restaurant (B2-38) and boy was it good... Mmm...
You know, for someone who really loves her mee pok over mee kia (yuk...) it's quite a feat for me to rave about noodles that seem alot like mee kia. It's SO much better. Very QQ! And how much do I love the crunchy and fresh ingredients, topped with fried onions and char siew oil? A whole lot!! *salivating* But be warned, with all the fried onions, better to arm yourselves with a breath mint.

Read more about the kolo mee here:
Kolo Players - The Sunday Times
Hooked after eating it - The Sunday Times
Singapore Jia Xiang Kolo Mee vs Authentic Kuching Kolo Mee - kennysia.com

13th Dec, Wednesday

Happy Birthday Mummy!

That, by the way, is an impossibly thick chocolate pistachio cake from Cedele Depot, which was described :
Chocolate Pistachio
This chocolate truffle is layered with almond, pistachio sponge that is made of egg white only, is a great treat for serious chocolate lovers.

Honestly it should be rewritten: for chocolate lovers with a seriously-impaired sense of taste.

The cake was so darn sweet!!!! (and I'm not saying it in a good way) See, this is why I don't like chocolate cakes. Chocolate should always taste a little bitter! Cacao beans naturally taste bitter, so if you have chocolate that's 100% sweet, you know all you're eating is sugar.

Bleaghh..

Cakes aside, we had a nice Thai dinner at Thai Express. Thumbs up to the very friendly and service-orientated staff at the Marina Square outlet. They made our dinner so pleasant it felt like we were throwing a birthday dinner in our own home.

Mango Salad

...with soft shell crab and some fried tofu thingy

Deceivingly harmless Tom Yum Soup... lethal!!

Love their green curry...
(was too busy digging in when the rest of the food came so that's about it!)

15th Dec, Friday
Went for the first interview for a graduate scholarship; am hoping to hear good news soon!
(I need to start doing something before I rot away)

16th Dec, Saturday
Took Kenny out after 2 long weeks of him being stuck in school with lab work and sucky school food. We went to catch 'Eragon' and it was okay I guess. The plot seemed a bit rushed through and it definitely pales in comparison to the big budget LOTR trilogy. Their monsters aren't even half as scary/ disgusting as the orcs.


The movie trailer

An interesting observation though, is it just me or is Jeremy Irons more appealing than newcomer Ed Speelers? Even Garrett Hedlund seems hotter than the lead actor. And I didn't know this guy acted as Brad Pitt's cousin in Troy! What a difference hair colour makes. Pretty boy look with the blonde hair and bad boy look (a bit like a rock singer/ vampire) with the dark hair. Amazing...

After the show, we headed to Pastamania for lunch.


Aww, look how happy he is with the Marinara pasta!


Me and my fungus, erm I mean, Al Fungi Pasta


Our salmon pizza which was once so good - but after the one at Spageddies, nothing is ever good enough


Look at him go!


I'm beginning to think that this grin looks kinda scary.



We're stuffed. Big time.

After all that, you'd think I would take a break from eating and go run on the treadmill or something, but I didn't.

There was still dinner.

My aunt and I went to this new Japanese restaurant, Nihon Mura, at the Revenue House (which is part of the Suki Sushi chain, I think. Cos their wet paper towels had 'Suki Sushi' on them). There was a special promo going on - with this cut out from some magazine, you could have each plate of sushi for only $0.10 (when you spend above $10)! How cheap is that!

Very fresh and smmoooottthhh salmon sashimi (not for 10 cents tho)

For only 10 cents a plate, you can imagine how stuffed I was after dinner.
This is very bad.

Food aside, I got this on my way home


Project Room Makeover shall commence next week: goodbye powder pink *yikes* furniture!

Tested out the spray paint on my innocent, unfinished IKEA picture frame and the black looks good! (but the smell of the paint is totally yuk)






Will post up pictures of the room when it's done.

[Time of Confession] 12:02 PM
0 Wisecracks for Me

_______________________________________________________________________________________

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home